Hollywood & Broward County Count on Us to Settle Written Disputes
David S. Tupler, P.A. helps individuals and businesses prevent legal pitfalls by helping create, edit, review and register commercial agreements. With more than 25 years of experience drafting written agreements that comply with Florida’s specifications for legally binding documents, our contract dispute attorneys have a wealth of experience handling complex issues for clients in Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and throughout Broward County. Simply put, we can help preventing legal challenges in the first place.
TYPES OF RELATED CASES WE HANDLE
An effective Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale contract law attorney understands that a Florida company’s reputation is as much of a priority as financial success. Our areas of expertise in breach of contract cases include:
- health care, including pharmaceuticals
- new businesses
- real estate, including tenant and landlord disputes
- compound contracts
QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED UP FRONT
Contract disputes usually revolve around delivery time of goods, the condition of those goods or finalizing the project for those goods. Whether updating an agreement for continuous work or drafting a new one with a company in Fort Lauderdale, your contracts lawyer will advise you of the primary questions that should be acknowledged or answered before work begins:
- Has all registration paperwork and applicable forms been distributed to Florida’s Department of Corporations?
- Was the registered paperwork approved by Florida’s Department of Corporations?
- Do all parties have the legal capacity to follow all terms of the contract?
- If a party must have responsibilities temporarily stopped, is there a representative who can handle issues in their absence?
- Does this contract offer reliable goods or services or money?
- Was the agreement oral or written? (Depending on the contract level, some agreements must be written even if agreed upon orally.)
- Has any language agreed upon orally been excluded? If so, why?
- Has any language that was agreed upon in writing been rejected orally? If so, why?
Certain circumstances can void a contract, including agreements signed by minors, or those who do not have the mental capacity to understand the scope. Contracts also could be nullified if one or more parties was intoxicated when the agreement was executed.
BREACH? TIMELY LEGAL ACTION IS CRITICAL
For written contracts in Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale, according to the Florida Bar, a Broward County company involved in a dispute must file a lawsuit within five years during the time-frame that the written agreement was completed and signed by both parties. For an oral contract, the time-frame is four years. Enforcement of a written agreement should occur within one year’s time, and should include details of what would happen in the event of a disagreement. Examples of items both parties can agree upon beforehand:
- a disagreement would be settled by a jury
- which party will pay attorney fees
- alternative dispute resolution forums
- option for mediation or arbitration
If you find yourself in a contractual dispute in Broward County, let Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale construction litigation attorney David S. Tupler, P.A. go to work to get you paid. Our initial consultation is free, so call now to discuss your case and learn your legal options.
“Most lawyers are not this 1). nice 2). reasonable 3). affordable. We found ourselves in the middle of a contract dispute with a construction company in Fort Lauderdale. They were trying to relinquish their contractual obligations, blaming subcontractors in the process. The problem? THEY HIRED the subcontractors. I suspect that once they were contacted by David, they knew how serious I was. Voila! They’re honoring their contract now. Coincidence? I think not! I highly recommend David S. Tupler, P.A. to anyone in need of a skilled construction attorney.”
– Glen F.